Sunday, April 26, 2009

Podcasts Galore!

I had a lot of fun listening to some of the podcasts done by our class. The first podcast I listened to was "Using iTunes and Google Earth in Instruction," by Dr. Shaw, Bryn Jarvis and Miranda Hill. The second podcast I listened to was "Websites for Elementary School Teachers," by Mary Davis, Matt Quimby and Johnetta Dixon. The third I listened to was "How Technology is Used in the College of Education," by Carol Perez, Christina Moore and Michelle Ward. The fourth I listened to was done by my group, "The Pros and Cons of Wikipedia," by Courtney Rose, Annie Hutson, and I. All the podcasts were great but could also use a little bit of improvement.

I noticed in one of the podcasts the group did not introduce all the members first, instead they waited until each person was done with their piece. Introducing themselves in the middle of the podcast disrupted the flow of the conversation and was a little awkward. I also noticed that in most of the podcasts one person spoke and did their piece, then the next person would go, and so on. There was very little interaction between group members, for example commenting on what others say or asking eachother questions.

I think my group's podcast was decent but there are a lot of things we could have improved upon. First of all, we all, at some point or another, sounded like we were reading a script. Our dialouge should've flowed a little more naturally. Also are podcast was short compared to the other ones in our class. We should've added more topics to talk about. Another thing I would have fixed, there was little interaction between group members, it did not sound like an actual conversation. Overall I think my group and all the groups did a great job. If we all could go back and do them a second time I know they would be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment