Sunday, February 15, 2009

Class Podcast

I listened to "Watchers and Listeners- How do we respond" by John Hardman, John Strange, Keri Ashworth, and Autumn Jordan and "Can You Tube be used for Educational Purposes?" by Adrienne Lynch, Joylyn Reese and Brian Stevens. I thought both podcasts were very good and well thought out. I liked it best when everyone was free to contribute at any time, it sounded more like a conversation. One thing I would definitely improve on is awkward pauses. I noticed this more in the second one, a person would be talking and they would pause after a thought. I think they paused because they were looking at their notes and trying to figure out if they had anything else to say. I'm going to try to learn my notes very well so that I can talk naturally.

I also noticed that sometimes there were pauses between when different people started talking. I think we could cut down on that time in our group if we loosely plan when someone is going to pass the mic. Perhaps when someones done they could say "okay now back to what you where saying," or "was there anything else you wanted to add." One last thing I noticed, when the group is free to talk sometimes concepts got repeated over and over. I think if we loosely plan were we want our podcast to go we can avoid this problem. Other than that, I think my group will be very enthusiastic about our topic, which will make it more interesting for our audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment