Saturday, January 17, 2009

ALEX is amazing!

The Alabama Learning Exchange (ALEX) is a great online tool for current and future teachers, but also for parents and students. It is an incredible resource and has so many things available. First of all, the site has a large amount of lesson plans that are submitted by teachers. They sort these lesson plans in many ways. You can look for a lesson by subject, grade level, or a key word search. There is also a section for web links. They list a great amount of links to other sites that are helpful to educators. Also there is a section for professional learning, which gives educators the resources to better themselves. Finally there is a personal workspace. This is where teachers can join the site and upload their own lessons.

This is the first time I've ever even heard of ALEX, and I was amazed at what a great tool is it. I think ALEX will be extremely useful when I begin teaching. I can go on ALEX and see examples of how more experienced teachers create their lesson plans. Also if I am having trouble thinking of an activity for a certain concept, I can check ALEX for examples. I will also be looking at the professional learning space quite often. When I am a new teacher I will use this space to help me learn about professional development opportunities and new teaching techniques. Then when I am a more experienced teacher I will contribute to ALEX to help other new teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment