Sunday, March 1, 2009

Dr. Alice Christie's helpful site.

I think Dr. Christie's Website was extremely helpful in so many ways. Everywhere I looked I found something interesting that I could use in my future classroom. If I had to pick a favorite part of the site I would pick her section on web design. I think that this is extremely relevant to me as a teacher who will be using a blog in my classroom. Although I will not be designing my blog from scratch, she give a lot of great layout tips that will definitely help me design my blog. There were a bunch of helpful links that I will certainly use when making my class blog.

The first link she gives in this section is "Text Based Design Tips." On this pages there are a bunch of tips for creating a website. First their are some overall tips then it gets more specific and talks about the Layout, the purpose of boxes, the use of color, and how to grab the users attention. All of the tips about these subjects would be helpful to me when creating a class blog. Another thing that I thought was extremely helpful was that she provided links to what she thought were good and bad sites and explained why she thought so. Overall I think Dr. Christie's site was extremely useful and I will definitely visit it again in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Her website was very helpful to me, also. I think that it is a great idea for you to use some of her web design tips for your classroom blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and bad sites and explained why she thought so. Overall I think Dr. Christie's site was extremely useful and I will definitely visit it again in the future. helpful site

    ReplyDelete